We have a beautiful NEW manufacturing facility in Tomah, not an old factory. Come and see our new technology!
The Fabrication Welder is responsible for expertly operating Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding equipment to safely produce beautiful welded metal fabricated parts and assemblies to customer print specifications. These parts are to meet or exceed established quality and productivity standards.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose
The primary responsibility of the Fabrication Welder is to produce metal fabricated parts and assemblies to customer print specifications using standardized weld processes.
Additional tasks include:
• Expertly operating MIG and/or TIG welding equipment.
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
• Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to welding, using straightedges, squares, clamps and fixtures
• Ability to make minor welding parameter adjustments to ensure proper weld quality
• Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with standard inspection tools to ensure conformance with drawing specifications
• Supporting achievement of company standards in safety, productivity, and on-time production
• Reporting all property or tool damage immediately to the production supervisor
• Using inspection devices (calipers, pin gauges, check fixtures) to inspect parts, according to print and product inspection plan (PIP)
• Selecting and using fixtures, as identified in the process setup sheets
• Reading the print fully in order to understand tolerances, geometry, weld symbols and special instructions
• Reading job traveler for special instructions
High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Minimum of 6 months in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Salary/Wages and Benefits
GSMW is proud to offer very competitive wages and an excellent benefits package which include: 401K plan, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision, holiday and vacation pay and more!
Conditions of Hire
All employment with GSMW, Inc. is at-will by the employer and employee and therefore subject to change. All new hires are made on 90-day provisional basis, after which time the employee's performance will be reviewed and an offer of employment extended