GSM has recently expanded our beautiful manufacturing facility and increased our capability by adding new equipment and quality lab to continue a long history of delivering superior products. We need excellent employees who are looking to be a part of a growing company who offers learning and advancement opportunities and great benefits. We are more than a factory. Join us!
Excellent benefits package offered!!
Starting wage: $14.25 per hour, plus $1.00 premium for 2nd & 3rd shifts
(top rate up to $18.78 per hour for Level 3 skills)
General Stamping & Metalworks Corporate Office is proud to offer a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, holiday and vacation pay, 401 -K Plan, tuition reimbursement and more...
The Machine Operator is responsible for safely, productively, and skillfully creating beautiful metal fabricated parts to print on CNC Lasers, Press Brakes and Machining Centers. Daily preventive maintenance and cleaning is required on: the press brake, inspection equipment, computer equipment, and the surrounding area. Proper maintenance ensures our equipment runs in top condition and to full capability every day and the production environment is organized and efficient.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose
The primary responsibility of the Machine Operator is to produce quality metal fabricated parts to customer print specifications using allotted standard times and processes.
Additional tasks include:
• Using inspection devices to inspect parts, according to print and product inspection plan (PIP)
• Using check fixtures to verify that the part is to print as required
• Making small, mathematically calculated, angle corrections
• Orienting the part correctly
• Picking tooling, as identified in the CNC program, from tooling inventory
• Loading tooling in the order identified in the CNC program
• Gathering required documents (Process Photos, Process Inspection Plans, Job Traveler, Print and work in process parts) to successfully run the job
• Reading the print fully to understand tolerances, geometry, material thickness and special instructions
• Reading traveler for special instructions
• Wearing proper protective equipment, as directed by equipment or process
• Understanding safety requirements in every area, and complying
• Using material data sheets effectively
• Participating in continuous improvement projects as requested
• Following GSMW policy
• Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department maintenance as assigned
• Following Press Brake process standard operating procedure
• Offering process improvement ideas
• Accurately entering quantities and inspection results into the computer
• Clocking into attendance systems
Qualifications and Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must display the ability to read a blue print, calculate negative and positive adjustments, and have an understanding of basic geometry concepts. They must possess basic computer skills including:
• CNC Interface
• Desktop or workstation computer
• Manufacturing software and programs
• Press Brake, CNC or Quality or Machining Certification (preferred)
• Blue Print reading
• High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Prior manufacturing experience preferred, but we will train the right candidate with a solid work history and great work ethic.
Salary/Wages and Benefits
A comprehensive interview helps us determine a very competitive starting wage.
*Your skills and work ethic can propel you quickly through the benchmark system designed to increase wages as position proficiency increases. You hold the key to how quickly you move from the New Hire rate then progressing to Qualifying, Level 1, Level 2 and finally to Level 3.
Conditions of Hire
All employment with GSMW, Inc. is at-will by the employer and employee and therefore subject to change.