GSMW is growing! We've been in the South Bend area since the early 1920's and are breaking ground on a brand new state-of-the-art facility in the Spring of 2015. You can expect growth opportunities, an excellent benefits package, and the security of knowing that we also offer stability.
Stamping Press Operator
The Stamping Press Operator is responsible for expertly operating manual or coil fed stamping presses to safely produce beautiful metal parts to customer print specifications. These parts are to meet or exceed established quality and productivity standards.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose
The primary responsibility of the Profiling Operator is to produce metal fabricated parts to customer print specifications using a standard process.
Additional tasks include:
• Supporting achievement of company standards in safety, productivity, and on-time production
• Recording machine code errors and communicating poor machine performance issues to the Stamping Machinery Technician or shift supervisor.
• Maintaining a satisfactory attendance record, as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Using inspection devices (calipers, pin gauges, check fixtures) to inspect parts, according to print and product inspection plan (PIP)
• Gathering required documents (process photos, process inspection plans, job traveler, print, and work in process parts) to successfully run the job
• Reading the print fully in order to understand tolerances, geometry, material thickness, and special instructions
• Reading job traveler for special instructions
• Labeling work in process parts and finished parts according to ISO policy
• Separating and labeling non-conforming parts according to ISO policy
• Wearing proper protective equipment, as directed by equipment or process
• Understanding safety requirements in work areas, and complying with requirements
• Using material data sheets (MSDS) effectively
• Participating in continuous improvement projects, both independently and as a team member, when requested or as the opportunity to volunteer presents itself
• Completing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department maintenance as assigned
• Offering process improvement ideas
• Accurately entering job information, quantities and inspection results into the ERP systems
• Correctly clocking into and out of attendance systems
High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Minimum of 6 months in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Salary/Wages and Benefits
Highly competitive wages and excellent benefit package offered. Benchmark systems allows you to move up the pay scale ladder based on demonstrated skill set increases, up to $18.22 top rate, with $1.00 premium for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Conditions of Hire
All employment with GSMW, Inc. is at-will by the employer and employee and therefore subject to change. All new hires are made on 90-day provisional basis, after which time the employee's performance will be reviewed and an offer of employment extended.