GSM Job Description:
The Packaging Technician is responsible to productively create packaging solutions using standardized methods to supply operations with the right box, bin, gon or pallet by monitoring departmental conditions and ensuring minimum/maximum levels are always maintained.
Organizational Relationships and Authority
The Packaging Technician reports directly to the Work in Process Distribution Supervisor. There are no direct reports to this position.
The primary responsibility of the Packaging Technician is to ensure work centers are supplied with proper containers. Other responsibilities may include:
• Makes boxes using stable guns
• Secures boxes to pallets
• Dries metal bins before placing for use when wet
• Monitoring storage locations to understand replenishment needs
• Accurately entering inventory transactions into the ERP system
• Properly labeling all product as it moves throughout the production floor
• Monitoring and reporting inventory of packaging supplies to shipping/warehouse supervisor
• Housekeeping and organizing indoor and outdoor storage areas
• Inspecting daily material moving equipment
• Counting inventory locations to verify accuracy
• Adjusting inventory as trained
Qualifications and Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to be certified and maintain certification to drive a forklift, operate cranes as required and maintain an optimistic and supportive attitude.
The individual will also maintain competency with the following programs and equipment:
• Industrial packaging saw
• Industrial staple gun
• Laptop or desktop computer
• Office telephone system
• Corporate ERP system
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Minimum high school diploma or GED
Shipping and warehouse or materials handling experience preferred.